Thank you for visiting Vino-Direct.com. We respect and protect your privacy. Our site is a safe environment for anyone who visits and purchases. As a seller of fine wine, wine-related products, and specialty food we are also committed to providing you the best possible online service and experience as well as the best products. This site (the “Site”) is operated by Vino Direct LLC (“Vino Direct”, “Vino-Direct.com”, “we”, “us”, “our” and/or similar references).
The purpose of this Policy Statement is to fully share with you how we collect, use, and safeguard the personal information you provide to us on our site. You will find here:
- A complete description of what we collect
- How we use that information
- Whom we share that information with
- How you can change the information
- How you can tell us not to gather any information about you
BY ACCESSING OR USING THIS SITE, YOU INDICATE YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF OUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY (THE “PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY”). WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, TO UPDATE OR REVISE THIS PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY. CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF ANY CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY AND SECURITY POLICY CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THOSE CHANGES. E-mail: email@example.com FOR ANY QUESTION OR CONCERN.
What information does Vino-Direct.com collect, and how is it used?
A. Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
- When you visit Vino-Direct.com, our statistics package from Google collects some basic information about your browser. Examples are things such as what type of browser and operating system are you using; how long did you stay on our site; what pages did you look at. This helps us understand how visitors browse our site so that we can make their shopping experience better.
B. Personal Information Given When Ordering.
- When you register online with Vino-Direct you provide us with the following information:
- First and last name
- Billing address
- Shipping address(es)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit card account number
- Names of items you purchase from us
- Messages you include in gift messages
- Verification of your age being over 21, where applicable
- We collect all or some of this information on the page when your register with us and use this information as follows:
- We fulfill your order based on this information.
- We provide you with information about your order (such as, whether your order has been received, processed, or shipped).
- We share non-credit related information with certain business partners in order to fill your order, deliver tailored advertising to you that match your interests and to ensure that we are compliant with wine direct shipping laws.
- If you do not opt out, we will sign you up for our free monthly newsletter, periodically contact you via email with news and special offers. To opt out of receiving emails with news and special offers from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We ask for your phone number in the event that our customer service staff need to contact you and cannot reach you by email. We save the information about products you purchased to provide you with the best possible customer service and the most up-to-date information about your order.
- Credit card information is used to bill you for products you have ordered.
C. Personal Information Given When Joining a Wine or Other Club.
- If you join one of our clubs, you provide us with your name, billing and shipping address, phone numbers, email address and credit card information. The information is used to ship your orders and provide you with club information. Please see the FAQ section for your club for additional information on the club in which you are a member or are considering joining.
D. Mailing Lists and Newsletters: Opting In and Opting Out
Personal Information Given When Joining One of Our Mailing Lists. If you join one of our mailing lists, you may provide us with your name, email address and state of residence. The information is utilized so that we may inform you of special offers and events associated with Vino Direct, which are listed above.
If you have chosen to opt into our newsletter or marketing emails and decide to opt out, we have a simple unsubscribe form that will let you get off our email list. Also, under the member area, you will find a simple form to unsubscribe.
With whom do we share information?
We may also transfer personally identifiable information as part of 1) a corporate transaction 2) compliance with a subpoena or other similar order or regulation (as determined in our sole discretion); 3) open forums, chat room or bulletin boards on our Site; 4) protecting others or ourselves, and 5) preventing fraud and minimizing credit risk.
How do we keep your information private and your credit card secure?
Our online store uses SSL encryption technology to keep your personal information safe. All your ordering information -- including your name, address, and credit card number -- is encrypted using a secure server for security. Your credit card and billing information cannot be read as it travels to our ordering system. The Site encrypts your credit card number and other personal information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology to provide for the secure transmission of the information from your PC to our servers. Any data that we store about you is kept behind a secure firewall in our database and is not accessible to the public in any way. In addition, only those employees and third parties who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access.
Credit card storage and transactions are handled by a PCI DSS compliant third party, which receives the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. If you feel more comfortable doing so, you are welcome to call in your credit card information and complete your purchase by phone at (310) 295-7509.
Please note that we are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of data stored on our system. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the site. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
California Privacy Rights.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at Vino-Direct.com, 3605 Long Beach Boulevard, Long Beach, California 90807.
How do I change, update, or correct personally identifiable information about myself?
If at any time you would like to change your online store account information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 295-7509. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, please email us at email@example.com. If you want to change information about you in one of our clubs or suspend or discontinue your membership in one of our clubs, please see the club FAQs for more information.
How do we protect people under 21 years of age?
We seek to restrict people under 21 years of age (minors) from ordering alcohol from our Sites. We require that purchasers provide their full birthday during Checkout. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from minors. All our shipments that contain alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required" sticker on them. The common carrier that delivers our merchandise is required to ask and check for identification upon delivery.
By using this site, you consent to the collection and use of your information by Vino Direct as described in this policy. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to release information about users who we believe are in violation of our content guidelines. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful. We welcome comments and questions. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.